If you’ve got your Nokia First Android Mobile i.e. Nokia X and looking for a way to Install Google Play Store, Google Apps and Google Now Launcher in Nokia X, then this article is dedicated to you guy in which we’re going to cover step by step guide to make that thing happen.
(Source: Omega Android)
Few day back Nokia unveiled their first Android Smartphone i.e. Nokia X, along with Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. But Nokia Disappointed lots of people who were badly looking for this anticipated device by releasing a forked version of Android. Also, UI of these Nokia Android devices is very similar to Windows Phone. This device also missing all the Google apps and comes with preinstalled Microsoft’s apps. Google Play Store is also missing and replaced with Nokia Android Store. Nokia X also misses many popular apps like Gmail, YouTube, Google Now and you won’t be able to get them in near future.
Note: You can also follow the same step by step guide to Root Nokia X+ (Plus), Nokia XL and Install Google Play Store
But thanks to Senior Member Kashamalaga of XDA who comes up with a guide is quite simple a.k.a Kashamalaga’s Guide. Now with this guide you can successfully root Nokia X and be able to install Google Play Store, Google Apps and Google Now Launcher and much more. Just root it and make your Nokia X a real Nokia Android Mobile.
How Kashamalaga Guide Works?
This guide is very simple and easy to use, first you need to acquire root (android rooting software) access using the Galdalf Exploit in Framaroot. After that install root-capable file manager, then copy Nokia X specific Gapps package by Kashamalaga to your /system/app folder, and give appropriate permissions. After that, few more apps installation and you will be able to access the various Google Apps, Google Experience Launcher and Google Play Store.
Disclaimer : ”If you are rooting your Nokia X using this guide then you are responsible for anything you do to your device. You can read about Rooting”
So, if you own Nokia X and looking to make the most of your device, then follow the below step by step guide to learn more.
1. The first thing you need is rooted Nokia X device to install Google Apps.
2. To root your Nokia X Android device you need to use Gandalf Exploit included in FrameRoot app.
3. After that you need a Root Explorer App which you can easily download from Google Play Store. You can download whatever you want.
4. Now download the zip file which contains all the.apk file which you need to root your Nokia X device. Download this zip file, i.e. Nokia X Gapp KashaMalaga
5. What you need to do now is, extract the Zip folder to /system/app and change the permission for these files which are shown below in the snapshot, and reboot your device.
6. After that you need to download Google Apps .apk files. Extract the zip folder and install the apps which you want to use on your device and install apps.
7. Also, if you want to install Google Now Launcher on your device, simply install the Google Now Launcher .apk which you already downloaded in step 6. Just open it and I’m sure it will work for you.
8. Now launch Google Play Store and it will ask for a Google account, just login using your Gmail ID and it will start working.
That’s it and congratulation, your Nokia X device has all the Google Apps and from onward you will be able to download all the app from Google Play Store.
Note: I’m not taking any credit to above mentioned work, as this way was originally shared on XDA Forum. So, if you have any query related to above guide, follow original thread. You can also share your experience with us and Kashamalaga