If you’ve got your Nokia First Android Mobile i.e. Nokia X and looking for a way to Install Google Play Store, Google Apps and Google Now Launcher in Nokia X, then this article is dedicated to you guy in which we’re going to cover step by step guide to make that thing happen.
(Source: Omega Android)
Few day back Nokia unveiled their first Android Smartphone i.e. Nokia X, along with Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. But Nokia Disappointed lots of people who were badly looking for this anticipated device by releasing a forked version of Android. Also, UI of these Nokia Android devices is very similar to Windows Phone. This device also missing all the Google apps and comes with preinstalled Microsoft’s apps. Google Play Store is also missing and replaced with Nokia Android Store. Nokia X also misses many popular apps like Gmail, YouTube, Google Now and you won’t be able to get them in near future.
But thanks to Senior Member AngSanley of XDA who comes up with an amazing Windows tool that can help you to root Nokia X and be able to install Google Play Store, Google Apps and Google Now Launcher and much more. Just root it and make your Nokia X a real Nokia Android Mobile.
How AngSanley Tool Works?
AngSanley tool i.e. Nokia X Manager is very easy to use all in one tool, you just simply install it on your machine, connect your device and click on the option provided. With this tool you can perform different actions like rooting your device (android rooting software), installing gapps, different commands, recoveries, and lot more
Disclaimer : ”If you are rooting your Nokia X using this guide then you are responsible for anything you do to your device. You can read about Rooting”
So, if you own Nokia X, XL and any other device and looking to make the most of your device, then follow the below step by step guide to learn more.
You need to follow steps share below, before starting the process:
1. Download Nokia X Manager from here
(Note: Nokia X manager works only on Windows PC and requires DOT NET framework 4)
2. Enable USB Debugging mode
- Launch device settings.
- Tap Developer options in the System section.
- Switch on developer options and tap OK in the query dialog shown.
- Enable USB debugging in the Debugging section and tap OK in the query dialog shown.
3. Update(or install) Nokia X USB drivers, Download it from here.
- Go to desktop on a PC
- Right click on the computer and click manage Select Device manager
- In the list, Nokia X will be listed with a Question mark icon.
- Right click and select update driver, then select Browse my computer for driver option.
- Now select the path of the above extracted folder, in the folder select driver file.
- Drivers are now updated.
Note: You can also choose automatic search for driver option, if the above method is not working.
Steps for Rooting Nokia X, X+, XL
1. Once the Nokia X Manager is installed on your device, Open it and it will look something like share in below image:
2. After that, connect the device with your PC
3. Once you got a notification that the device is connected, select Root button on Nokia X Manager.
4. Wait for a few minutes, once the device is rooted you will get the message in the log.
Steps for Installing and Uninstalling Google Apps (Gapps) from Nokia X, X+ And XL
1. If you want to install Goolge apps like Google Play store, Google Now, Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps and related apps. You just need to select the Install GApps button.
2. Wait for a few minutes, once the device got Gapps in your device you will get the message in the log.
3. You can also uninstall the Gapps from your device just by selecting the Uninstall Gapps button
So this is how you can root Nokia X, X+, XL and install Google apps on your device. Till now, this is the best and simplest way to make that thing happen.
I’m not taking any credit to above mentioned work, as this way was originally shared on XDA Forum. So, if you have any query related to above guide, follow original thread. You can also share your experience with me and AngSanley