In this article I’m going to share with you step by step guide to Sync your Apple TV with iTune. The reason which makes me to publish this article, is a question which is asked by our reader, which is related to iTune Sync Problem and in this post I’m going to share solution to that problem. Lets have look a problem:
I Just made the needed setup done in my Apple TV with iTunes, but now whenever I try to go to the iTunes and select the Apple TV section it just says devices syncing and just stays in the first file itself for a very long time and there is no progress whatsoever. Why this is happening like this? Can you please tell me some good solution for my problem with the needed steps? Thank you.
So without further ado, let us head over to step by step on How to Sync your Apple TV with iTune:
You can set up iTunes to automatically sync your Apple TV with your iTunes library. That way, you can play your iTunes library on your TV without having to turn on the computer and open iTunes.
Note: These instructions apply to Apple TV (1st generation) only.
1. Make sure the computer you want to sync from is on, and iTunes is open.
2. Go to iTunes > Preferences, choose Apple TV, and make sure “Look for Apple TVs” is selected.
3. On your Apple TV, choose Settings > Computers > “Connect to iTunes,” and note the passcode displayed.
4. In iTunes, select the Apple TV (below Devices), and enter the passcode.
5. Click the Summary button and select one of the following:
- Automatic Sync: iTunes automatically adds items to your Apple TV whenever you add them to your iTunes library,
- Custom Sync: You choose the items to sync. After you select this option, click the other buttons to specify your syncing preferences. With this option, you can prevent unsynced items from appearing on your Apple TV (when iTunes is open). To display all items, deselect the checkbox.
Note: If you don’t see these options, make sure you have the latest Apple TV software installed. To check, choose Settings > General > Update Software on your Apple TV.
6. To transfer a rented movie from your computer to your Apple TV, click the Video button, select the movie you want to transfer, and click Move.
Important: You must be connected to the Internet to transfer a rented movie.
7. To sync photos, click the Photos button.
For Apple TV (2nd generation), see below how to Stream your iTunes library using Apple TV (2nd generation)
With Apple TV (2nd generation), you can stream your iTunes library, and the iTunes libraries of all the computers in your Home Sharing network, to your home theater system. You can also stream digital photos stored on your hard disk.
To stream content to Apple TV (2nd generation), Home Sharing must be turned on in iTunes.
To turn on Home Sharing on your Computer
1. In iTunes, choose Advanced > Turn On Home Sharing.
2. Type your Apple ID account name and password, and then click Create Home Share.
Repeat these steps for each computer that you want to stream to Apple TV (2nd generation), using the same Apple ID account and password.
To stream photos from your computer to Apple TV
Once your computer is paired with Apple TV (2nd generation), you can use iTunes to stream photos to your home theater system.
1. In iTunes, choose Advanced > “Choose Photos to Share.”
2. In the window that appears, select Share Photos From, and choose a source from the pop-up menu.
3. Choose “All photos, albums, events, and faces” or “Selected albums, events, and faces.”
4. If you chose “Selected albums, events, and faces,” select the albums, events, and faces you want to stream.
5. Click Apply.
So give a try to this step by step guide and let us know whether this guide really help you or not. If you still have any issue, let us know, will definitely fix that for you.